This chateau's elegant, Tudor style makes it one of the Medoc's prettiest
Built in the 19th century on a gravel-rich hillock in the village of Cussac-Fort-Médoc, Chateau Lanessan seems to have been watching over the surrounding vines for all time.
The property is surrounded by 8 hectares of English gardens, with the soothing aromas of antique roses, blooming hedgerows, cedars and cypresses making this the perfect setting for a summertime stroll.
Summertime trips to the chateau stables and horse museum also come highly recommended.
Learn more about the chateau's fascinating history, before tasting its excellent wines, on a guided tour of the property.
You can even try your hand at winemaking as part of a workshop dedicated to the art of blending: a unique experience!
Services & equipments, comfort
From 01/01/2019 to 31/12/2019
Road (national / local) :
Labels & brands
Vignobles et Chais en Bordelais
Vignobles et découvertes
Means of payment
Cheques and postal orders, Cash
Tour languages :
French, English, Spanish
Individual visit conditions :
Tour information :
One hour visits :
- Discovery : 5,50 €
- Discovered privilege : 7,50 € (1h30)
- Vineyards and wines : 6 €
- Wine production and wines : 5,50 €
- Horse museum and wines : 6 €
- Architecture and wines : 6 €
- Nature and wines : 6 €
- Vertical tasting 4 wines : 65 € (until 8 pers.)
- Tasting of grape varietes : 68 € (until 8 pers.)
- Horizontal tasting 4 wines : 68 € (until 8 pers.)
- Taste and colours (children) : 60 € (until 15 pers.)
- Greedy escapade : 65 €/ pers.